Foreclosure Defense And Loan Modification Assistance

Many people who receive a foreclosure notice are so frightened that they do not know what to do or where to turn for help ― and often make the mistake of doing nothing. However, putting the foreclosure notice in the drawer and hoping the problem will go away is one of the worst things you can do.

In fact, if you do nothing, the foreclosure process will simply go on without you and you will likely be found in default, ruining your credit score and losing your home in the process. Quite simply, if you are served with a foreclosure notice, you need to respond― and you need to hire a lawyer.

At The Rand Law Firm, P.C., we understand that you are likely feeling overwhelmed and unsure of what steps you can take to save your home if you are behind on your mortgage and facing foreclosure. With more than 25 years of legal experience, attorney Peter L. Rand understands the intricate nature of New York real estate law. He can explain your foreclosure options in detail, including whether you may be able to challenge the foreclosure itself.

Understanding Your Foreclosure Alternatives

While you may be able to fight the foreclosure process in certain situations ― such as when the lender engages in fraudulent behavior or there are errors in the paperwork ― it is important to remember that other legal options may also exist under New York law, including:

  • Mortgage modification: You may be able to refinance your debt, extend the term of your loan or work out a more manageable payment plan.
  • Short sale: If you are allowed to sell your home for less than you owe, you will be able to avoid foreclosure, although you will have to move.
  • Deed in lieu of foreclosure: This option involves you returning the property to the bank in exchange for the forgiveness of your mortgage debt. While you will have to move, you avoid the foreclosure process.

Facing Foreclosure? We Can Help.

Mounting a foreclosure defense or loan modification is never easy, so make sure to hire an attorney you can trust. Contact The Rand Law Firm, P.C., today to schedule your free initial consultation. You can call us at 631-693-4574 or email us online. From our East Islip office, we serve clients throughout Long Island, including those in Suffolk County, Nassau County and Queens.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.